Archive for February, 2012
Dear ACI Certification Sponsoring Group:
Here is the latest update from the ACI Certification Department.
**** CHAPTER & CERTIFICATION ROUNDTABLE ****
The Spring 2012 Chapter & Certification Roundtable is scheduled for April 23-24 in Phoenix, Arizona. North American chapters are invited to send up to two (2) representatives and ACI will help subsidize travel expenses. Sponsoring Groups who are not ACI Chapters may also participate in the certification portion of the meeting held on Tuesday, April 24 from 7:30 AM – 12:15 PM.
Attendees have indicated this is an excellent program that provides an opportunity to exchange ideas and resolve common problems. The registration deadline is Friday, March 16. For more information, contact Diane Pociask at email@example.com.
**** STUDENT DISCOUNT ****
In support of your efforts to partner with colleges and universities, ACI Certification offers a 25% student discount off the wholesale exam cost. To receive this discount, you are required to send photocopies of the student‘s ID card or other suitable proof of student status with the exam materials.
- My next ACI Shotcrete Nozzleman Certification is in Seattle Tomorrow (Class), Thur/Fri (Test Panel Shoot). #
- Today I've been working on a Track Drill getting it ready to head to a new job as soon as next week. #
- A shot of me on the Shotcrete Nozzle 5 miles underground in Seattle Sewer Tunnel: http://t.co/WDkKQWHS #
- The two large vacuum tubes did a pretty good job of keeping the dust down in the tunnel: http://t.co/JgEmgxuJ #
- Shotcrete crew in Seattle Sewer Tunnel working their way up the wall: http://t.co/Ct0NtbZV #
- Nice close view of shotcrete being applied to sewer tunnel walls in Seattle WA: http://t.co/qtfZwkC2 #
- Using a face shield partially raised and taped up to keep shotcrete rebound off our faces: http://t.co/6genn2cP #
- Great example of a worn out wear plate on the gunite machine: http://t.co/2M5jnYwB #
- View looking back at the crew setting up before the days shotcrete shoot started: http://t.co/QhLzKOFi #
- In this closer view you can better see the Reed Gunite machine and bags of surecrete ready to go: http://t.co/CMNTjbh0 #
- Putting a Pre-Dampner to work for better shotcrete moisture control: http://t.co/6ezpJ3Cx #
- I'm adjusting the moisture in the Shotcrete using the Pre-Dampner: http://t.co/Jy8MENWQ #
|The U.S. Green Building Council’s third public comment period for the proposed 2012 update to its LEED green building program opens March 1.|
|Kilah Engelke, apprenticeship coordinator for Milwaukee OPCMIA Local 599, was voted this year’s winner for her dedication to her craft and her commitment to her crew.|
|Eric Greitens is the keynote and opening session speaker for the American Society of Concrete Contractors’ CEO Forum, July 26-29, 2012 at Coeur d’Alene Resort, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.|
|This convenient reference tool can be used throughout the year to help provide solutions to your concrete-related projects.|
FROM THE MAGAZINE
|A new pozzolanic cement when used to make concrete can resist attack in acidic or alkaline environments and also withstand higher temperatures than portland cement concrete.|
Concrete test cylinders don’t always reflect the strength of the concrete in a structure, especially during cold weather.
There are four basic ingredients in concrete: coarse aggregate, fine aggregate, portland cement, and water.
Welcome to What’s in the Mix, an informational bi-weekly eNewsletter for ASA members and customers designed to highlight current events from ASA.
Winter 2012 Shotcrete eMagazine
Check out our latest issue of Shotcrete Magazine!
This issue includes:
> Department of Transportation Projects
> ASA’s 2012 Buyers Guide
> Updated ACI Certification Policies for Shotcrete Nozzlemen
> ASA’s Pool & Recreational Shotcrete Committee – Position Paper #1: Compressive Values of Pool Shotcrete
ASA Spring Committee Meeting Schedule
Saturday, March 17, 2012
ACI Spring Convention | Dallas, TX
Spring Committee Schedule has been posted:
8:00 – 9:00 AM | Sustainability Committee
9:00 – 10:000 AM | Pool Committee
10:00 – 11:00 AM | Education Committee
11:00 – 12:00 PM | Underground Committee
12:00 – 12:30 PM | Lunch
12:30 – 1:00 PM | Safety Committee
1:00 – 2:00 PM | Publication Committee
2:00 – 4:00 PM | Marketing Committee
4:00 – 5:30 PM | Board of Direction
Click here for the full ASA Calendar
Do you need a Shotcrete Contractor or Consultant?
Use our online Bid Submittal Tool to distribute your Bid Request to our Qualified Corporate Members today!
Click here to fill out our Online Form
Government Projects Open for Bid – regular feature of this E-Newsletter
Current links to government shotcrete-related projects open for bid (Links will only display in the ASA member edition):
Cracking caused by restrained contraction of the repair material is a recurring problem in many repairs.